Man Exposes Woman Who Allegedly Defrauded Him of 144 GH CEDI'S Over Fish Delivery


 

A Nigerian man has taken to social media to publicly expose a woman who allegedly defrauded him of ₦50,000 which is 144gh Ghanaian CEDI's  after promising to deliver a specific type of fish. The man, who shared his experience via the platform X (formerly Twitter), explained that he urgently needed a particular type of fish for a cargo shipment and sought assistance online.

According to his post, several individuals responded to his request, including a woman who claimed she had access to the fish. Though initially skeptical, the man said he was convinced to proceed after reviewing her social media account, which showed she had over 12,000 followers and was actively engaging in conversations online.

The woman proposed supplying 50 pieces of the fish for ₦100,000. Due to his reservations, the man sent only half the amount—₦50,000—with an agreement to pay the balance upon delivery. However, after receiving the payment, the woman reportedly began giving excuses, delayed the delivery, and ultimately blocked him on all communication platforms.

In his own words, he shared:

“Yesterday, I posted a video of the type of fish I urgently needed. Several people reached out, including a woman, @spectreOfBeauty, who claimed she could supply it. Though I was doubtful, I didn’t want to let my suspicion override her apparent genuineness. She seemed active and trustworthy online.”

“We agreed on a deal for 50 pieces at ₦100,000. Because I didn’t know her and had concerns, I decided to pay ₦50,000 upfront and promised to pay the balance upon delivery.”

“Before making the transfer, I downloaded most of her photos just in case. She initially claimed she had the fish but couldn’t deliver that night. Later, she said there was no power, so she couldn’t take a photo of the fish. That’s when I realized I was being scammed.”

“By the following morning, she told me she was on her way for the delivery. A few hours later, she deactivated her account, a man picked up her phone, and she blocked me on WhatsApp.”

“She also deleted most of our chat on Twitter, but I was able to save some. I’m not even pained about the money—what hurts most is the thought that she may continue scamming others.”

The man concluded by urging the public to help identify and report the woman to prevent future fraudulent activities.

The post quickly went viral, prompting a flurry of reactions from other users, many of whom criticized him for ignoring red flags. Some expressed sympathy, while others questioned the judgment behind trusting someone based solely on social media presence.

Notable reactions:

  • @SommyApril: “You sent her money because she was female when you clearly had males offering help. I’m sorry, but you deserve it.”
  • @BounteouSjyny: “From the pictures alone, it was obvious. Did you even see anything related to fish on her page?”
  • @UmeanohDaniel: “I called the number. A guy picked up and told me to forget about it if that’s what I was calling about. Then he hung up.”
  • @balogin: “₦50k gone just like that. She’s not invisible. When she’s caught, she’ll probably blame the devil.”
  • @Nrs_Idreeserh: “Looking at her appearance in some of the frames, you could tell she didn’t seem legit.”

The incident serves as a cautionary tale about online transactions and the risks of engaging with unverified individuals for financial dealings.

Post a Comment

0 Comments