A 60-year-old man has made headlines after publicly renouncing Christianity, claiming that following Jesus Christ brought him nothing but pain and disappointment throughout his life.
In a series of videos shared on TikTok by user @iquestion.youquestion, the man delivered a candid and emotionally charged statement, reflecting on six decades spent devoted to the Christian faith—a journey he now deeply regrets.
“I am the only person I know on this planet saying this out loud, but I know I’m not the only one who has felt it. Following Jesus Christ, Christianity, and the Bible for 60 years destroyed my life. I do not recommend it. Run.”
He expressed frustration over years of unanswered prayers and emotional suffering, stating he had spent “tens of thousands of hours” crying out to God without receiving a response.
“I can’t even begin to count the hours of pain, prayer, and pleading. Did Jesus not hear that? It was a complete waste of time. Following Him ruined my life.”
His bold declaration sparked widespread reaction online, with many TikTok users resonating with his message and sharing similar experiences of disillusionment.
Reactions from Viewers:
- @Jen10: “Same!!! I believed for 40 years and it almost killed me. Letting go was the best thing I ever did.”
- @CrystalJae: “I was a Christian for 40+ years. 💖 Congratulations for getting out of the cult.”
- @Janelle Roma: “It ruined 40 years of my life. So much depression, anxiety, and superiority complex. It took a while to heal, but I often think about all the time I wasted.”
- @Tunapete: “Agreed. Wasted 39 years of mine.”
- @SkyWard: “Until today, I was embarrassed to admit it took me 50 years.”
While his comments were controversial, they sparked important conversations about personal faith, belief systems, and the emotional toll of religious expectations. The video continues to circulate widely, drawing both support and criticism from viewers around the world.

0 Comments