Former Member of Parliament for Tarkwa Nsuaem, George Mireku Duker, has strongly defended his presidential ambitions amid mounting criticism and internal resistance within the New Patriotic Party (NPP).
In a passionate address to a group of party supporters, the former Deputy Minister expressed frustration over what he described as deliberate efforts by certain individuals to sabotage his political aspirations.
“If John Dramani Mahama, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, Jerry John Rawlings, and John Evans Atta Mills have all held the presidency, then why can’t I?” Duker questioned. “I am a strong contender, and I have held this ambition for years. I am ready to lead.”
An audio recording of Duker’s remarks, which is circulating on social media, reveals that he believes his political ambitions have unsettled some party members who also have presidential aspirations. According to him, this has led to coordinated attempts to discredit and undermine his candidacy.
“There are those who view me as a threat simply because they understand my capabilities,” he said. “They’re aligning themselves against me for that reason.”
Duker also suggested that his geographical background—being from Tarkwa, a region rich in natural resources—has contributed to some of the internal opposition he faces.
“Past presidents have come from areas without the kind of resource potential Tarkwa has. If I can leverage the strength of my constituency, I become a serious contender. And that makes some people nervous,” he added.
In a direct attack on fellow party member Gifty Kusi, Duker dismissed her as an opponent without significant influence or vision.
“Gifty Kusi has positioned herself as an antagonist, but she poses no threat,” he stated. “She has no ambition or capacity. In Parliament, her only notable role was serving food to her colleagues. Beyond her small standing in the party, she has no future.”
Despite the opposition, Duker remained defiant and resolute.
“I am focused and determined. My resolve has never been stronger.”
Source: MyNewsGH.com

0 Comments