Asante Kotoko Communication Director, Sarfo Duku, has confirmed that the club has not yet received the transfer fee for Albert Amoah's move to Libyan side Al Ahly Benghazi.
A month has passed since Amoah’s departure from Kotoko to Al Ahly Benghazi, with reports indicating a transfer fee of over $200,000. The player also received a signing-on fee of $200,000, and his salary is set at $20,000 per month for his first season, which will rise to $25,000 in his second year.
Despite the transfer fee not yet reaching Kotoko’s accounts, Sarfo Duku assured Luv FM that there is ongoing communication between Kotoko’s IMC Chairman, Nana Apinkra Akwasi Awua, and officials from Al Ahly Benghazi.
“I don’t want to go into details, but what I can confirm is that Kotoko has a transfer agreement with Al Ahly Benghazi regarding our former striker, Albert Amoah,” Duku stated. “Although the agreed transfer amount hasn’t been deposited into Kotoko’s accounts yet, I can assure you that the IMC chairman is in constant contact with the officials at Al Ahly Benghazi. I’m confident the payment will come through.”
He added, “I can’t delve into the specifics of the agreement due to contractual matters, but both clubs are governed by the rules of the game, so I do not anticipate any issues with the payment process.”

0 Comments