Man Seeks Legal Advice After Girlfriend He Sponsored Through Nursing School Declines Marriage



A Nigerian man, James Eze, has turned to the public for legal guidance after the woman he supported financially through nursing school backed out of their planned marriage.

The situation came to light through a Facebook post reshared by user Maria Ude Nwachi. According to the post, Eze said he had a verbal agreement with his girlfriend and her mother: he would fund her nursing education, and in return, the two would get married once she graduated. However, after completing her studies last year, the woman allegedly informed him that she no longer wished to move forward with the marriage.

Eze wrote:
“I had a verbal agreement with my girlfriend and her mom to sponsor her to nursing school, then we marry afterwards. She completed last year and now wants to reject me. What are my legal options, please?”


Public Reactions

The post drew widespread attention and sparked a variety of opinions:

  • Beautiful Oyinye commented, “Legal option? My brother, you did charity work. God will bless you.”
  • Chukwudi Ozalla advised, “Take a verbal option. Just talk, express your anger, and let it end there. Good luck in your future endeavours.”
  • Naza Emmanuel wrote, “Don’t marry her and don’t let another man marry her. If this happened in my village, the lady would not be freed so easily.”
  • Boni Flamez added, “Where is it written in law that a girl you sponsored must marry you? If she refuses, just move on.”
  • Mubeen questioned, “Did she force you? I don’t sponsor any girlfriend because I don’t want to feel hurt later. I invest in my future wife, not someone I’m unsure of.”

Source: Gistreel.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments