Ghanaian rapper Medikal has responded to critics and online trolls, defending his controversial lyric "Mia me dokono" from his hit song. In a candid interview on Joy Prime’s *Andy Dosty Show*, the rapper explained that his music is driven by raw talent, spontaneity, and passion, rather than marketing strategies.
Medikal, whose real name is Samuel Adu Frimpong, emphasized that talent is the primary factor behind his success. “I’d say it’s more about talent,” he said. “Without the talent, marketing won’t do anything. If you’ve got the talent, that’s what comes first.”
Known for his unfiltered style, Medikal revealed that he rarely writes his lyrics down because he believes it takes away from the authenticity of his art. “I don’t like to write things down because it doesn’t sound as real. It has to come from within you,” he explained, preferring the “rawness” of spontaneous expression.
The rapper also addressed the backlash surrounding some of his punchlines, particularly the "Mia me dokono" line, which has become a topic of conversation among fans and critics alike. “I don’t regret it. That’s one of my hardest lines,” he asserted. Medikal believes that the public’s fixation on the lyric shows their admiration, albeit disguised as criticism. “When they love something so much, they troll it. If it’s stuck in your head, then you love it,” he said.
On the topic of his chart-topping song *Too Risky*, Medikal explained that he had always been into Afrobeat and melodic music but had never released them until recently. He dismissed claims that his recent music, with simpler lyrics, signaled a “softening” of his style. “Rap is art. It’s meant to entertain, not be debated. When it’s commercial, you don’t have to overcomplicate it,” he said.
Despite his success, Medikal remains humble and focused on his growth in the music industry. “I’m getting there. I’m not successful yet. I still have a lot of loopholes to fill. I’m learning,” he concluded.
Medikal’s confidence and unapologetic stance towards his music reflect his deep commitment to his craft, and his fans continue to support his unique approach to the Ghanaian rap scene.
source: Mynewsgh.com

0 Comments