A Nigerian woman who once identified as an atheist has publicly shared her emotional journey back to Christianity after moving overseas. In a video posted online, Victoria Onyi Ejeh opened up about how her faith, which she had abandoned years earlier, was unexpectedly renewed in a foreign country.
From Devout Christian to Atheist
Victoria revealed that she grew up practicing Christianity in Nigeria but gradually drifted away from the faith. Her transition began with deep philosophical questions about existence, morality, suffering, and the meaning of life. These unanswered questions led her first into skepticism and eventually into full atheism.
Seeking Freedom From Religion
According to Victoria, part of her decision to relocate abroad was fueled by a desire to distance herself from religion. She believed that living in a society where personal beliefs are considered private would allow her to freely embrace atheism without judgment.
A Surprising Return to Faith
Reflecting on her experience, she admitted that she never imagined she would return to Christianity.
In her words:
“I ran away from God in Nigeria and moved to a country where I felt I would never find Him. Yet, He was there waiting for me. If someone had told me three years ago that I would make a video like this, I would have said it was a lie.”
Victoria explained that her return to Christianity was a gradual and sincere process, similar to her shift into atheism. She emphasized that she is not trying to preach or persuade anyone but simply sharing her truth:
“I know this comes as a surprise to many who knew me back then. I was passionate about debating religion. I made enemies over it. But this journey back to Christianity is authentic for me.”
She added that her initial hope was to live freely within her personal beliefs abroad, but the answers she sought eventually led her back to faith.
Source:Gistreel

0 Comments