Nigerian singer Abdulrasheed Bello, better known as JJC Skillz, has revealed how he was betrayed by some of the biggest names in the Nigerian music industry, despite initially offering them support.
In a recent interview with *Echo Room*, JJC Skillz shared his shocking experience of being backstabbed by people he once helped, including industry heavyweights like Don Jazzy, Dbanj, Ayo, and DJ Abass.
He explained how his journey in Nigeria began when he sought guidance and connections in the local music scene after establishing himself in the UK. "One day I came to them and said, ‘You guys are obviously well connected to Nigeria, and me, I am a JJC. I just need somebody to introduce me to the right people to work with in Nigeria,’” he recalled.
According to JJC Skillz, he was initially supported and connected to key figures like Bankulli. However, things took a turn for the worse when he learned of betrayal from those he had helped. He explained, “Don Jazzy and D’banj were under me then. So, these people who were supposed to introduce me back home to Nigeria, had plans that I didn’t know about."
He was left shocked when he heard rumors from Ruggedman, who claimed that D’banj had accused JJC Skillz of cheating them during their time together in the UK. “I was shocked because nobody knew them back then. I was the one taking them to shows, accommodating, feeding, and clothing them. So, how can I be cheating when you haven’t made any money?” he questioned, expressing his frustration at the accusations.
JJC Skillz’s revelation sheds light on the struggles and betrayals he faced while trying to build connections in the Nigerian music industry, despite being a major supporter of these now-successful artists.
Source: MyNewsGh.com


No comments:
Post a Comment