Getnews1gh

Welcome to Getnews1gh! Your go-to source for up-to-date, reliable, and comprehensive news coverage. We strive to bring you breaking stories, in-depth analysis, and the latest updates on everything from politics and entertainment to sports and lifestyle. At Getnews1gh, we are committed to keeping you informed with accurate and unbiased reporting, ensuring you stay ahead of the curve.



WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump has responded to recent reports alleging that billionaire Elon Musk used recreational drugs during his time as a special government employee, stating he is unaware of any such behavior.

"I really don't know. I don't think so," Trump told reporters on June 9 when asked whether Musk had used drugs at the White House. "I hope not."

This marked Trump's most direct public comment on the matter since The New York Times reported in late May that unnamed sources claimed Musk had used substances such as ketamine, ecstasy, and psychedelic mushrooms while campaigning with Trump during the 2024 election season. The report did not confirm whether Musk used drugs while serving in a federal role, and both Trump and Musk avoided direct responses to questions about the issue when Musk officially ended his government position on May 28.

“Let’s move on,” Musk said when asked at the time.

The relationship between Trump and Musk, once a high-profile political alliance, has since deteriorated. The rift became public following a dispute over Trump’s tax bill, with Trump hinting at potential restrictions on federal contracts with Musk’s companies. In response, Musk insinuated that Trump may have been named in classified documents related to disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein.

Despite the tensions, Trump clarified on June 9 that he has no plans to discontinue using Musk’s Starlink internet service at the White House. He also commented on his personal Tesla vehicle, noting, “I may move the Tesla around a little bit. I have a lot of locations. I have so many locations I don't know what to do with them all.”

Trump also addressed rumors of a confrontation between Musk and Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent, confirming a disagreement occurred but denying it escalated physically. “They did have an argument, but I didn't see a lot of physicality there,” he said.

Though their relationship has soured, Trump concluded his remarks on Musk with a diplomatic tone: “I just wish him well. Very well, actually.”

Musk, who played a high-profile role in the administration’s effort to reduce government spending, officially stepped down from his position shortly after disagreements over the president’s fiscal policies emerged.


Source: usatoday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

B 30

| Designed by Colorlib