A Nigerian man has shared a troubling experience on social media after finding out that his wife had been collecting ₦480,000 from him for their daughter’s school fees but paying only ₦145,000 to the school.
The revelation came to light after he visited the school himself. In a viral post shared by @AsakyGRN on X (formerly Twitter), the man explained that he had always trusted his wife to handle the payments.
He narrated:
“Today, I was complaining about the assignments, telling them I can’t be paying ₦480k while they still give me assignments. They then told me, ‘No, our school fees is ₦145k.’ I was in shock. I just had to park somewhere to think about my life. Men, learn from my experience. I am in pain right now.”
According to him, his wife had visited three schools beforehand and chose the most expensive one, claiming she wanted the best for their daughter. However, the actual school fees turned out to be far lower than what she repeatedly demanded.
Social media reactions poured in, with many users expressing disbelief over the significant difference between the amount collected and the actual fees.
One user wrote: “From ₦145k to ₦480k? That’s serious betrayal.”
Another added: “This one no be small issue—the difference is huge!”
The incident has sparked a broader conversation about financial transparency in marriages and the importance of verifying expenses related to shared responsibilities.
A video of the man lamenting the situation has also been widely circulated online.
If you want a more dramatic version, a shorter news brief, or a humorous rewrite, just let me know!


No comments:
Post a Comment