Dancehall artist Shatta Wale has issued a bold statement, suggesting that anyone who challenges his brand is cursed.
The remark follows a recent feud with media personality Highest Eri (Erica Nana Akua Appiahimah), which began after rapper Medikal appointed her as the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of his Beyond Kontrol (BYK) label on November 21, 2025.
In a post on X, Shatta Wale wrote, "I am just blessed, Chale, fighting me is a curse."
The dispute intensified when Shatta Wale made controversial and sexually suggestive remarks about Eri on social media, which she quickly addressed. Eri accused Shatta Wale of disrespecting her and dragging her family into the issue. The back-and-forth escalated with Shatta Wale making jabs at Eri’s personal hygiene and advising Medikal to sever ties with her.
In response, Eri resigned from her newly appointed role as PRO less than 24 hours later, stating, "I don’t entertain disrespect."
Speaking on the KSS podcast on Monday, November 24, 2025, Eri shared that the controversy began after she saw a viral video in which Shatta Wale made an inappropriate comment about her during a discussion about Medikal potentially appointing her as his PRO.
“I was in the office when someone showed me a video of an artiste calling himself the greatest of all time, making an inappropriate statement about me before Medikal could even employ me,” she said.
“When I saw the video on Saturday, I was confused. I thought maybe it was a joke, but Medikal, the person who wanted to employ me, didn’t defend me… he was laughing. What exactly was funny? That was my question,” Eri explained.
The incident made her reconsider her decision to work with Medikal. Despite her concerns, she later joined him on a planned visit to donate items to the National Chief Imam in anticipation of Medikal’s upcoming concert.
Medikal attempted to smooth things over by promoting growth and forgiveness, but the drama continues to unfold.
Eri later asked Medikal to clarify whether BYK had any connection to the Shatta Movement (SM) camp, as the comment came from another artist.
“Why would someone make such a statement about me when you’re the one employing me?” she questioned.
Source: theghanareport.com


No comments:
Post a Comment