Getnews1gh

Welcome to Getnews1gh! Your go-to source for up-to-date, reliable, and comprehensive news coverage. We strive to bring you breaking stories, in-depth analysis, and the latest updates on everything from politics and entertainment to sports and lifestyle. At Getnews1gh, we are committed to keeping you informed with accurate and unbiased reporting, ensuring you stay ahead of the curve.

Followers


Popular Nigerian singer Burna Boy has issued a public apology to his fans during a recent live performance, following reports of low ticket sales and widespread backlash over a controversial incident at one of his concerts.

The Grammy Award–winning artist, whose real name is Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, addressed the audience in a video that quickly circulated on social media.

Incident That Sparked Outrage

The controversy began at Burna Boy’s show in Denver, Colorado, where he noticed a female fan asleep in the front row. According to reports, he paused his performance and asked that she be escorted out, instructing her boyfriend to take her home or risk the concert ending prematurely.

The moment was captured on camera, prompting heated reactions across social media platforms.

Old Video Resurfaces

Tensions escalated when an older video resurfaced in which Burna Boy allegedly stated that he preferred wealthy fans and did not ask anyone to support him. The combination of both incidents led to a wave of criticism, with many fans boycotting his shows. This resulted in noticeably low ticket sales at several stops on his U.S. tour.

Tour Cancellations

In the wake of the backlash, several of Burna Boy’s tour dates were cancelled. His Minneapolis show at The Armory, scheduled for November 28, 2025, was called off just a day before the event. The Chicago concert slated for December 1, 2025, was also cancelled, according to updates released by Ticketmaster.

Burna Boy Issues Public Apology

During a performance in Texas, Burna Boy addressed the situation directly. He apologized to his fans, explaining that his earlier remarks were a “slip of the tongue” and expressing regret over the controversy.

In his words:
“I’m sorry, guys. It was a slip of the tongue. I apologize for what I said. I’m so sorry, everyone.”

He further acknowledged the impact of the incident, adding humorously:
“I know my ticket sales are suffering since that incident. Even the coffee I introduced—no one is buying. So please, I am sorry to everyone. It was a slip of the tongue.”


Source: gistreel

No comments:

Post a Comment

'; (function() { var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true; dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js'; (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq); })();

B 30

| Designed by Colorlib