Abdul Salam Yakubu, the former Chairman of the Ghana Football Association’s U-19 Elite Championship Management Committee, has refuted claims that his resignation was linked to recent constitutional changes within the GFA.
In an interview on Asempa FM, Mr. Yakubu clarified that his decision to step down was based solely on personal reasons and was unrelated to the GFA’s controversial move to allow its President to run for a third term.
“I resigned immediately after the GFA Congress,” he said. “However, the content of my resignation letter is being misinterpreted. My departure has nothing to do with the third-term amendment.”
Yakubu also expressed appreciation to the GFA President for entrusting him with a leadership role in 2025, despite the fact that he had not supported him in any of his previous election bids.
“I am grateful to the President. Though I’ve never backed him in an election, he gave me the opportunity to serve. He owed me nothing, but still found me deserving. That said, I realized I was not aligned with certain aspects of the work, so I chose to step aside.”
He was clear that his decision was entirely personal and self-determined.
“No one pushed me. I make my own decisions based on principle.”
Yakubu’s resignation follows public debate surrounding the GFA Congress’s constitutional amendment, which has stirred discussions across Ghana’s football and political circles.
Source: mynewsgh


No comments:
Post a Comment